Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Have garnishment from 2004 how does it keep going, file

Customer Question

have garnishment from 2004 how long does it keep going, file bankruptcy dismiss without, ford was the only a holes' was injured 2006 out of work till 08 job market was none went to work for only job I could find they are still garnishing my pay role since 2011 they have taken a lot of moneys this year alone over 1000 I do not have full time job pay sucks I spent 30 years in hvacr trade how long is it go any limitations
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
A garnishment in GA goes on until the judgment against you has been paid off. A judgment in GA is good for 7 years and may be continuously renewed until paid off. So the plaintiff who has the judgment against you must renew the judgment every 7 years in order to continue to garnish you. As long as the judgment is valid and renewed they can garnish you until the judgment is paid in full.