Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I re a lawyer to get my divorce he's had my case 4 years and

Customer Question

I hire a lawyer to get my divorce he's had my case 4 years and no divorce,
he hardly contact me and every time I call him nothing but excuses, we
need to do this or that. should I dismiss him and sue for some of my money back?
get another lawyer. what steps should I take?
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Four years seems like a very long time to obtain a divorce in Louisiana. Unless there is something very unusual a divorce should not take that long.

Louisiana has a fee dispute resolution program that you can use to pursue a fee refund. This is a more efficient process than suing over the fees. See this link for information on that:

https://www.lsba.org/public/DisputeResolutionProgram.aspx

In regard to the divorce you should be able to find competent counsel thorugh this link:

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/practicestate/divorce/louisiana

This link has detailed information about the divorce process in Louisiana:

http://www.divorcesupport.com/divorce/Louisiana-Divorce-Laws-548.html

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.