Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

There a male that keeps calling me stating he is from the

Customer Question

There a male that keeps calling me stating he is from the internal revenue service...I want to know if he is really calling from IRS....
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 8 months ago.

In short, no. The IRS does not issue phone calls. If they are legitimately attempting to contact you, they will do so through certified mail through the USPO. These calls that you are receiving are called "fishing scams" and they are attempting to scare you into thinking that the IRS is out to get you. They will attempt to either get your social security number or they will demand immediate payment. Do not provide them with any information and do not even entertain their calls - these attempts are scams.

You can report these calls to the Indiana Attorney General's Office and provide them with the number that the call was made from. They may be able to track the scammers.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively (three or more stars).

Best wishes going forward!

Just checking to see if you have any additional questions. I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks!