Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

Back in january of 2016 my step daughter from a previous

Customer Question

Back in january of 2016 my step daughter from a previous marriage stole a bunch of my checks and forged my name on them in the amount of 2,000.00 dollars. HATING TO PRESS CHARGES i HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET MONEY FROM HER TO NO AVAIL AFTER SEVERAL CALLS TO HER AND HER MOTHER. oUT OF FRUSTRATION i GAVE HER MOTHER A VOICEMAIL SAYING i HAVE BEEN STROKED AND IT FEELS GOOD BUT HAVE NOT REACCHED AN ORGASIM. aM i TROUBLE WITH THAT VOICEMAIL?
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 8 months ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

Since that voicemail, while maybe not the best idea, was not harassing or obscene, you haven't broken any laws. With that said, just because one such voicemail may not have been illegal, if you send more it may cross the line into harassing and then become illegal. The bot***** *****ne is that you haven't broken the law just yet, but if you continue to send her voicemails like that, you will cross the line into illegal.

I hope that answers your question. If not, feel free to ask follow up questions. If so, please remember to "Rate" my answer before you go. Good luck.