Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I haave a judgement aganst me credit card debt. they took

Customer Question

I haave a judgement aganst me for a credit card debt. they took money out for my ssi acct that i put other money in too from another acct that is also ssa acct. what can i do to stop this
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
By law, SS funds are EXEMPT from seizure or levy. If they seized your accounts and those accounts were SS money (no matter what SS program they are from) you must file an exemption to levy in the court that issued the levy order and the court will order them to return any SS funds. You would have to prove to the court that the funds in those accounts come only from SS funds and as such are exempt from being taken and the court would force them to return the funds to you.
If you cannot afford a local attorney, go to your local senior citizen center and also to the local legal aid office and they will assist you and file the motion to recover the money.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for the answer. Please cancel my subscription to this company as of 3-18-16 I don't need this service any longer Thank you The order id 16129958-940
Thank you very much, but you may misunderstand something. The experts are not employees of this site and get zero credit for spending time with customers when customers do not leave positive feedback. So by you taking the answer and not leaving positive feedback, basically you have caused the expert to lose credit as the company who owns the site does not employ the expert and does not lose a thing. You can cancel your subscription and not renew it if you like by contacting customer service at***@******.***, but the expert not being an employee of the site cannot do that for you.
Thank you so much for understanding.