Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

If you get overlooked in a bid as a sub contractor and you

Customer Question

If you get overlooked in a bid for work as a sub contractor and you have work for the same company for 20 years. Can you sue for this? The president of the company told us that he did not know we were overlooked and he would look in to this and get back with me, that was 30 days ago!! Honestly I believe there is some type of coverup going on with the company and the "winning contractor". How does a 20 yr relationship get overlooked???
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 8 months ago.
Unfortunately I do not think there is a basis to sue unless there are government or public funds involved and evidence of foul play such as bribery or kickbacks. I do understand your frustration. If you were lead to believe you would get the contract and in anticipation you spent money such as hiring staff or buying supplies in advance you could be entitled to some reimbursement.