Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My mother deceased January 11, 2016 from Cancer. We have

Customer Question

My mother deceased January 11, 2016 from Cancer. We have been trying to get her death certificate since her death. The first problem we encountered was with the insurance company. We contacted them on the date of her death and inquired about her policy. We were told that the policy was enforced. The next day we went to the funeral home to make arrangements and gave the funeral home the policy number and company name and phone number. After making the arrangements, we were contacted by the funeral home informing myself and my brother that the insurance company rep. stated they could not confirm who was the beneficiary of the policy. Each day, we along with the funeral home contacted the insurance company and could not get any assistance from the company. The day before the funeral, the funeral home informed us that we would have to pay for the service or make other arrangements. We also had the same problem at the cemetery. We then had to borrow the money to pay for our mother's funeral, which caused a financial hardship on my brother and myself. We also contacted her employer and was given the runaround from them. It has been 9 weeks since our mother's death and we can't get any assistance from anyone regarding her death certificate or information regarding her policy at work. Her job has been very uncooperative and we don't know what we can do or should do to get the answers we need and death certificate.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What I asked before is my question

I'm not showing any question on my screen, just a bunch of statements.

If you don't mind, cut and paste the question again. If there is not a question mark, put one after it so I know it is a question.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I would just like a refund

I'll let them know.