Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

Our son has been living in our Florida home without our

Customer Question

Our son has been living in our Florida home without our permission for several months. We are not able to return to our home and live the six months required we are required to live in our home per a reverse mortgage that we have signed. Our home has been torn apart by this 42--year-old son and the people he has sublet the house to. He pays no rent, is several months behind on paying the utilities. He has sold our riding lawnmower, furniture and jewelry. He is not employed (but he does make money off of his drug deals). Reverse Mortgage says they will put locks on the house and get the people out of the house. A lawyer told us Reverse Mortgage cannot do that! We have paid a law firm to evict our son and his "tenants" from our home. This is taking time and money, and meanwhile we cannot go to our home and live in it. What can we do to get back into our home? My husband underwent Open Heart surgery 10months ago and I am a Stage 4 cancer fighter. Thank you.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a US licensed attorney and I will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

I am not permitted to tell JustAnswer.com what to do in their specific situation or list all of the legal rights that might potential apply in any specific situation, as such legal advice can only be provided by your local attorney, upon review of your entire case.

I can however, provide you with a general answer, if you have a legal question for me?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can reverse mortgage pUT locks on the doors and throw him out

Thank you for your follow up.

Generally, not before filing for foreclosure and foreclosing the owners out of the property, then once the property is foreclosed upon the property new owners (reverse company or a third party that buys the house at a foreclosure auction) can evict the tenants.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.