Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I'm a 20 year old college student and I was a victim of

Customer Question

Hello, I'm a 20 year old college student and I was a victim of identify theft. I have a credit bill on my credit score and it's causing me to have problems with building my credit. How do I resolve this and get my credit clean?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Before I talk about your situation with you, I need to make sure that you understand how the website and rating system works.

Many times in legal we can't provide an answer that the customer likes because the law is not in their favor for one reason or another. When that happens we have to give the person asking the question bad news. The information will be true and correct, it just may not be something you want to hear.

On this website the customer rates us experts at the end of the question and answer and every now and then a customer is unhappy about the law and gives a negative rating. Unfortunately, that negative rating is taken by the website to be a reflection on me, indicating that I wasn't polite, wasn't prompt, or provided a wrong answer.

I'm more than happy to discuss this with you, but I just wanted to make sure that you understood how the system works and that you will rate me on my professionalism and not on whether the law is in your favor or not, or even whether you like the information contained in the answer, since I have no control over that.

With that understanding, do you want me to discuss this in more detail with you?