Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have a online loan company, Cash Central, saying they are

Customer Question

Hi, I have a online loan company, Cash Central, saying they are going to sue me to pay a debt. I was trying to find out to what extent this could go forward.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Oh no I was asking you lol
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Ok. My name is***** live in South Carolina. I took the loan out in 2014 and was paying on time till August last year and now its 1,300 left
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: The original loan was only 1,000. If that helps
JA: Our top Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. First, you want to make sure that this is real. There have been a host of scammers who have been pretending to be debt collectors or creditors, trying to scare you into paying money to them. See HERE. Sometimes, the creditors find lists of debts and assume the creditor's identity without the creditor even knowing. Other times, they stumble unto someone who actually has debt by coincidence and can pretend to be the creditor.

Assuming they are real, then they have a right to pursue litigation for relief. They can then get:

-the money owed

-any interest if interest is listed in the contract, and if not, then default interest of 7.25% annually, and

-reasonable attorney fees.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.