LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

MY TRUCK WAS TOTAL IN A FIRE THE TRUCK WAS INSURANCE FOR $

Customer Question

MY TRUCK WAS TOTAL IN A FIRE THE TRUCK WAS INSURANCE FOR $ 50,000 THE INSURANCE WANT TO $28,000
Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Your insurance company is only legally obligated to pay the fair market value of the truck right before it was destroyed in the fire. The amount you have the vehicle insured for is not relevant.

If you disagree on the fair market value you may demand arbitration with your insurance and fight over the value---but having $50,000 of insurance does not meant that you get all that regardless of the value of the vehicle destroyed.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 8 months ago.

Good morning,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug