Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

Can the wife of the man I had sex sue me and how much

Customer Question

Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you.

I want to confirm before we begin ... you're aware how this site works - that in order for us to receive credit for working with you, you need to submit a satisfactory rating - if you feel the performance of the person you're working with is satisfactory EVEN IF you're not necessarily happy with what the law is. Are those terms acceptable to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good

You are based in Virginia?

And the divorce is in Virginia?

So what you're talking about is a claim for "Alienation of Affection" .... that's cause of action, permitted in some states, wherein a spouse can sue a third party for damages based upon willful or malicious interference with the marriage relationship.. Alienation of affection has been abolished in Virginia by statute since 1950. So NO, you cannot be sued by the wife of the man you had sex with for this. Please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything. Otherwise, I would appreciate you taking a moment to submit a satisfactory rating if you are satisfied, since we only get credit if you submit your rating.