Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

If a motion is filed on a 3.850 motion against ineffective

Customer Question

If a motion for reconsideration is filed on a 3.850 motion against ineffective council does this stop the clock of 30days to file the appeal to the district court or do you still only have 30 days from the time the judge answered the 3.850 motion? this is in the state of Florida
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No, not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

A motion filed under Fl. Rule 3.850 does not stay the time for filing an appeal. If the motion is approved, rendering the appeal unnecessary, the defendant can dismiss the appeal. The appeal can also be stayed if the Motion to Vacate or Set Aside the sentence is still pending when the Court of Appeals has docketed the case (that can take some time).

If you have any questions or concerns about my response, please reply WITHOUT RATING. It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so I am paid for the time I spend answering questions. If you are on a mobile device, you may need to scroll to the right. There is no charge for follow-up questions. Thank you.