Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Installation of sewage ejector system at residential

Customer Question

Installation of sewage ejector system at residential property documented to be in violation of code, more than 5 years after occupancy date. 12k of new excavation remedy required. Can we beat SOL, looking at supplier of the equipment in 8.01-250 and/or constructive fraud by the builder
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Starting to. What is your service?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: Obviously some details.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this. Can you please tell me:

1) What state is this in?

2) Are you the customer, or the installation contractor?

3) What code is the installation in violation of - HOA, city, etc? And, how is it in violation? Can it be made complaint without needing to be taken out?

4) What do you mean "more than 5 years after occupancy?" You mean the installation occurred 5 years ago?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Expert:  Ely replied 7 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!