Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

I have three DUI on record last one was in 99 first in sept

Customer Question

I have three DUI on record last one was in 99 first in sept of 91 applied and got new York licence and then they came back after a yrs and cancelled them I thought I would be under the grandfather clause cause I didn't get one here in new york
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately not. There's no grandfather clause. Out of state DUI convictions always count as priors.

Even worse, there's now a 25 year lookback period in New York State which has some of the toughest DWI laws in the country. Your out-of-state DUIS remain on your record and follow you around everywhere on the national driver database.

You're in serious legal difficulty with this case. You will need to retain an experienced lawyer.