Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I hqve been served with summons in a Civil Action, myself

Customer Question

I hqve been served with
summons in a Civil Action, myself spouse separately and LLC. The properties in the LLC came to maturity April 2015 We paid on the loan until November 2015,, was sent letter in September the loan was due in full. We paid the interest of over $5000 plus in interest and ,monthly payment until November, We tried several mortgage companies and was denied by three told the holding bank. they asked for a forbearance for 90 days only. Advised by attorney not to pay since the payments would just be a temporary fix. Communicated to the Bank we could not get a mortgage. We offered the homes back in lieu of foreclosure this is the response we received. How can I keep the house we have paid them for more than 10 years, How do I respond since we do owe on the LLC properties and on the personal loan never missed a payment. I would want them separated as this was part of income for retirement, We are both in the Senior age, one had a heart attack the other not good health. We can pay the loan but cant get a loan and this is a Commercial Bank. The President says they no longer want the loan. How do I answer the Civil Action. I also have two possible buyers for 2 of the four properties in the LLC which I will include and the denials and updated payments for the single property. What and how do I answer this Action in the United States District Court Middle District of Alabama, I have 21 days to answer from served date 3.8.16 9pm. Thank you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
you needed more information what is that sorry took so long forgot my password. Thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
should I wait up for response this morning or wait until later today for a response or do you need more information?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Did you have a personal guarantee on the LLC loan?
You said you are paid to date on the personal loan?
If they are suing the LLC, you are aware you cannot represent the LLC in court, that is considered the unauthorized practice of law because any LLC is considered a separate legal person and you can only represent yourself pro se without an attorney?