Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I made a private purchase RV from a married couple, which

Customer Question

I made a private purchase for an RV from a married couple, which the wife just passed away mid February. The purchase price is as stated of $10,000. I have a notarized bill of sale in Tennessee. Nothing was stated in the bill of sale as to how long of a time-frame I had to pay for the RV or how much I should pay when I pay. I do have possession of the RV. I do not have the title yet. Question is, how long of a time-frame do I have legally to pay for it?
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Thank you so much for the positive rating! I know rating takes an additional step and I truly appreciate you taking the extra time! It's been my honor and privilege to help you with this. If I can help you in any way in the future, I'll be happy to help. For easy access, my bookmark is: www.justanswer.com/law/expert-legalbeacon/ . Or, simply request “Richard only” in the first line of your question.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Where is my answer Richard?
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for following up. Somehow an answer that I was posing for someone else inadvertently was posted onto this question. I had no intended to answer this question as I'm tied up doing research for another customer. I'm so sorry for the website glitch! I am going to opt out to open your question up to all experts so another expert can hopefully timely provide you the information you seek. Please do not respond to this post as it will only slow the process of such an expert picking up your question. Take care.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.

A different Professional here.

Kindly that I am not providing an answer to your post yet. I am only trying to get additional information:

I am sorry, but I am a bit confused. The Bill of Sale is not issued if you have not already paid for the RV. The Bill of Sale is just a receipt of your payment and description of the RV purchased. The Bill of Sale does not contain any loan terms and thus the time-frame for payment. If this purchase was financed, then you should have received separate documents regarding the terms of the financing.

Kindly clarify, and thank you for your cooperation.

Kinldy