Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I have services through a service company with disabilities

Customer Question

I have services through a service company for people with disabilities called Alpa in Fairbanks Alaska. I was having a hard time with my own life as it was. They ended up telling me I have to be in a meeting with them without the rest of my team. They ended telling me if I do not attend this on the spot meeting. That no one was aware of until the time of that my services would be dropped. They ended up stressing me out enough that I walked out for my mental health could be kept in check. They dropped my services without a thirty day notice with just a little email to my care coordinator not telling me at all. and I was left unable to do the things that I needed to get done. Do I have the grounds to sue Alpa?
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) Who pays for these services? You, or a state/federal agency?

2) What kind of services did they provide for you?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I believe the state pays for it. Services day hab which is driving around getting things done in the community and supportive living which is them helping me in the home. Cooking and cleaning stuff like that.
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Thank you.

Do I have the grounds to sue...?

There is a way to possibly have a lawsuit, but it would be a VERY weak case. This would be filing suit for breach of contract as a THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARY. See HERE. Someone in your situation would have to prove however:

1) That you knew exactly what they promised to do

2) That you relied on it, and

3) That the company is making demands of you that are not requirements for beneficiaries listed in the contract when the company entered into this contract with the state.

Good luck.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved for experts who are rude or for erroneous information. Please rate me on the quality of my information; do not punish me for my honesty.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!