socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

I have a guest in my home and is not aggressively seeking

Customer Question

I have a guest in my home and is not aggressively seeking employment want to give notice to vacate can I do in advance of 30 days
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 8 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I"ll be happy to help you. How long have they been in your home? Do they have a lease?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am part owner of property the person in question is a inlaw
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the party in question was invited to move here to help him and his family out so far has not lived up to his agreement as not aggressively seeking employment

How long have they lived there?

Expert:  socrateaser replied 8 months ago.

Different contributor here. Under Cal. Civil Code Section 789, you must provide a minimum of 30-days written notice to quit, before you can commence an unlawful detainer action (eviction) against a guest, if the guest was invited to reside in the property.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, the website retains your entire payment, and I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!