Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

I wanted to know how do I go to small claims court, No, I'm

Customer Question

I wanted to know how do I go to small claims court for defamation
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I'm the president of my tenants association oof my building and a board member defamed me by typing a resignation letter to the tenants and in letter she said im using the tenants fund for my own use and that not so
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: She wanted this position and the tenants voted me as president not her, I have the letter she read to the tenants
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you. First, civil claims of this nature would typically go to supreme court. When you assert a claim for defamation you need to establish that an individual negligently or intentionally communicated/published (wrote) a FALSE statement to a third party and this caused injury/damage/harm to another's reputation. Often that harm is financial, but it doesn't have to be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SUBMIT *RATING* AT CONCLUSION OF DISCUSSION SO EXPERT RECEIVES CREDIT FOR TIME SPENT ASSISTING YOU WITH YOUR CASE.