Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I'm an appointed (by Probate Court-no will) estate

Customer Question

I'm an appointed (by Probate Court-no will) estate administrator in Ga for my dads small estate. I'd like to share ownership of home 50/50 with younger sister-no probate of property necessary. He was sole owner. Should I use Administrator's Deed, Quit Claim Deed?
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes. According to last Warranty Deed on file I actually own title as of his death.
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: I could use either or (since I have court appt) or a Quit Claim with submission of Warranty as proof of ownership.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 7 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Let me first say how sorry I am that you are dealing with this and I am sorry for your loss.

I am a bit confused when you say "He was sole owner" then you state that based on latest deed you are the owner? Whose name is ***** ***** the deed?