Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I have been fired because i will not accept my employers

Customer Question

good morning i have been fired because i will not accept my employers "new world jesus" i refused to be prayed over and the "spirits" called down upon me from this false God and was terminated...the owner states clearly that he authorized this employee to do this and if i must comply in order to work there......this is soo wrong i havent slept in 3 days someone please help me.
Expert:  Sam replied 8 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

This would be a discrimination matter and filing with the EEOC is the first step. Once they investigate, they will do one of the following:

1 Take the case to court for you
2 Arrange for mediation with the employer OR

3 Issue a Notice of Right to Sue to you.

If you get a Notice of Right to Sue, that should help you with retaining a local attorney to bring the matter to court.

So I suggest you begin with filing the EEOC complaint so the investigation can begin. It is only after they EEOC makes a determination would you be able to bring the matter to a lawsuit.

At this time, I suggest, you also file for Unemployment as being fired for your religious or non religious beliefs is against the law and you should not be precluded from collection unemployment.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.