Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs

What Can Happen If You Dont Finish Your Community Service?

Customer Question

What Can Happen If You Dont Finish Your Community Service ?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I did not
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Okay What Do You Need
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: No I Just Wanted To Know What Would happen ?
JA: Our top Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Expert:  Barrister replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

If a defendant doesn't complete their community service on time, then generally they would have to reappear in front of the judge to explain why and ask for an extension to complete it. As long as the person has been making progress, the judge will normally allow an extension and set another date for completion.

But if the defendant refuses to complete it, the judge can hold them in contempt of court and impose up to 6 months in jail at a time for the contempt charge.