N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

I have a Sister thats a paraplegic in a wheel chair, the

Customer Question

I have a Sister thats a paraplegic in a wheel chair, the enviroment she is living in is not good for her mental health. She and her sister brought a house about 10 years ago and for last few things have not beed good she has even though of ending it all.Alll she wants is heere share of the investment and she can move on.
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question.

If her sister will not buy out her share, she can file an action for partition by sale, meaning the Court will order the property sold and the proceeds split between the owners.

She can get a free consultation from some of the Nevada real estate attorneys listed by location here.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please let me know if I have not answered your question prior to rating my answer.

The Nevada statutes on this are linked from

https://www.leg.state.nv.us/nrs/NRS-039.html

She should not need much money to retain counsel because the attorney fees in partition cases are normally paid out of the proceeds of the sale.