LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Can I subpoena my own text messages? I have a divorce

Customer Question

Can I subpoena my own text messages?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: I have a divorce attorney
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I accidentally deleted all of my messages and I have some that I was going to use in my divorce case, others were sentimental.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: My husband accused me of a crime i didn't commit and I have texts proving i didnt.
JA: Our top Lawyer is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Lawyer in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Lawyer until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 8 months ago.

Good afternoon. Yes, you could. If these are relevant and necessary for the divorce, you could ask the Judge to issue a court order and require your cell phone provider to turn these over. Once they receive this, they will be required to turn them over and you can use them during the proceedings. Right now, they will not just release them but once the Judge signs the order, they will comply.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!