Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

I went to a car dealer and bought a cat and dealer never

Customer Question

I went to a car dealer and bought a cat and dealer never went over contract with me. I signed the contract and he never went over it. Can I get out of contract?
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Bought a car...
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: He lied about everything he wasn't up front with me and took my money and my car
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 8 months ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

Did he actually make false representations about what was in the contract? In other words, did he tell you there was one thing in the contract, but then put another thing in there? Did he give you an opportunity to read it before you signed it?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No he never gave me an opportunity to read it before I signed it.

Did he actually lie about what was in it? Did he say there was one thing in the contract, but it actually said another?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
He told me the Liojack was free and I see it in the contract. He never told me the length of the contract. He told me I would pay 689 a month not 698.52.

So, there was a charge for the Lojack and the note is $9.52 a month higher than expected? How much was the charge for the Lojack?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
4000.00
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I was never told the length of the contract would be 83 months as opposed to 72 months.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can I get out of this contract?

OK. You could sue for misrepresentation and fraud as it relates to the Lojack (the difference in the note is probably not enough to make a claim on, since the amount will probably be viewed as inconsequential). As for the length of the contract, that is going to depend on the agreed upon sales price. So long as the total price was what you agreed to, you are going to have a difficult time arguing the length of the contract is too long, while you are at the same time arguing that the monthly payment is too high. In other words, if you shorten the length of the contract, your payments are going to go up. It is doubtful you can get out of the entire contract, but you should be able to get the cost of the Lojack removed.

Do you have any questions?