Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I mailed a package containing marijuana, from to

Customer Question

I mailed a package containing marijuana, from Washington to Florida...it was intercepted by the postal inspectors. The letter contains a phone number and instructs me to call so a mutually convenient time came be arranged. Do I call or write it off as a loss?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 9 months ago.

Marijuana is illegal under Federal law. By putting marijuana in the mail you are trafficking in marijuana, for which you can be prosecuted. Do not respond to the letter, because the "loss" is the least of your worries, and you do not want to make any admissions with regard to this package which can get you arrested.

In the event that you are contacted on the phone or in person by law enforcement, do not discuss anything about this. Just tell them you do not want to answer questions until you've first spoken to a lawyer. Then go retain one.