Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

I relocated to DE late in 2014. I have a NC will, power of

Customer Question

I relocated to DE late in 2014. I have a NC will, power of attorney etc. Have you advice for low income female fir changing the legal stuff to DE?
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answers. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. I'll be happy to help you.

If at any time during our conversation you had any questions or need me to clarify anything please don't hesitate to ask! I'll be happy to help in anyway that I can. If you are satisfied with the information you received, could you please take a moment to submit a rating. We only get credit for the time and effort we put in to preparing answers if you are satisfied AND ALSO submit a rating. If you're not completely satisfied please tell me and I'll try to help resolve whatever is preventing you from being completely satisfied.

We can of course continue to talk about this even after you submit your rating, and I can continue to clarify anything you need assistance with. Is that acceptable to you?

So, I do have good news. A will that is properly executed in NC with all the required provisions in will be a valid will in DE. However, since the laws of each state are different, you may want to consider contacting the DE State Bar Association for their lawyer referral service To verify that you shouldn't make any revisions to it that are helpful in your new state.

How did you go about getting your original will drafted? That would be a good start. There are also very low cost websites in which you can simply get a new will that they guarantee would be valid.

Please let me know if you need any additional assistance - I would be happy to help you. Also please remember to submit a satisfactory rating if you are satisfied - that is the only way we receive credit for helping you.