Richard, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
17027240

I placed a real estate offer and my agent told me it was

Customer Question

I placed a real estate offer and my agent told me it was rejected by email. I never got a signed contract back with a rejection initial from the Seller... Should I ask for one ? State of Arizona
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi Lisa. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

Just so there is no question that your offer is no longer standing, I would suggest you send the seller and the seller's agent an email stating that you understand that the seller rejected your offer, but just to be clear that since you received no official rejection from seller, you are withdrawing your offer effective immediately. That will prevent the seller from later signing your offer and claiming there is a binding contract. At any time before seller signs your offer and returns it to you, you are entitled to withdraw it. So, that's what I would do rather than expecting the seller to take any affirmative action.

Thank you so much for allowing me to help you with your questions. I have done my best to provide information which fully addresses your question. If you have any follow up questions, please ask! If I have fully answered your question(s) to your satisfaction, I would appreciate you rating my service as OK, Good or Excellent (hopefully Good or Excellent). Otherwise, I receive no credit for assisting you today. I thank you in advance for taking the time to provide me a positive rating!