Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I received a motion of judgment against me on a credit card

Customer Question

I received a motion for revival of judgment against me on a credit card I had fourteen years ago. The principle was paid, the interest was not. The plaintiff is Midland Credit Management Inc.. How can I fight this? Can they freeze my joint checking account with my husband?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 8 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Unfortunately, generally, as long as, the judgment that was issued was valid, the court would in most cases revive the judgment and if the judgment is revived, then joint bank accounts and other assets can be garnished / seized or levied by the judgment creditor.

Generally, the best approach is to contact the attorneys for the judgment creditor and to negotiate some type of settlement, so the issue can be resolved once and for all.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.