Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

What are the total annual fees of operating an LLC in

Customer Question

What are the total annual fees of operating an LLC in Wyoming versus the total operating annual fees of a LLC in Texas?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
As I previously provided the average WY operating fees are about $300-400 per year with everything including a registered agent and address. In Texas it is about $600-800 per year. In CA it is about $1000 per year.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh?! The total cost of operating in WY isnt just the $50 renewal fee a year? Where does the 300-400 come from?
Thank you for your reply.
You have to pay a registered agent and mail box service for an address for each year and that is where the added costs come in. Still much cheaper than Texas or CA.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if I use my parents home address in Texas as the business address? Would that make it cheaper on a yearly basis to operate in Texas vs Wyoming?
Not really, no it would not make it cheaper than Wyoming.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where does the $600-800 per year in operating a LLC in Texas come from?
Thank you for your reply.
Your renewal, your annual report and agent of service fees.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you write off fees for your renewal, your annual report and agent of service fees on your yearly taxes?
Thank you for your reply.
Yes all those costs and fees are part of your operating expenses and are written off.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I create RXO Group LLC- I sign into Kickstarter using the EIN they give me as the entity but how do I do business as Tornado Alley Studios name or DBA on there?
Thank you for your reply.
You Create RXO and you need to sign into kickstarter as your DBA name. So even though your EIN says RXO group, you would sign into kickstarter with the EIN under RXO Group LLC DBA Tornado Alley Studios.