Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Which US state costs the cheapest to form and maintain a LLC

Customer Question

Which US state costs the cheapest to form and maintain a LLC year after year?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The best overall state for an LLC is Wyoming, with their $100 filing fee and $50 annual report fee, they have no sales tax or tax on your corporation that you must pay so you work out best and cheapest filing in Wyoming than Texas, NV or CA.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do I file with Wyoming? Is legalzoom cheaper than going through the secretary of wyoming?
It is always cheaper to go through the Secretary of State, but in WY because you need a registered agent there too if you do not live there, it is best for you to use a company there to do it for you.