Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Today my dog killed a neighbor's dog.The local pooch police

Customer Question

Hi, Today my dog killed a neighbor's dog.The local pooch police took him.. First offense. HE HAS NEVER BITTEN A PERSON,AND I USE TO TAKE HIM TO A NURSING HOME MY MOM WAS IN ONCE, NO PROBLEMS. MY PIT/LAB KILLED A CHI WA A. WHAT CAN I DO OR WHAT TO DO FIRST? THANKS SO SO MUCH. REGARDS, ***** *****
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Contact the "pooch police" first to see what they intend to do. If they are planning to "put him to sleep" for the violent action, you need to make a case for leniency by showing that this is his first offense and something must have triggered the reaction. You must also be prepared to show how you can prevent this from ever happening again such as always having him on a leash, or inside a fence, etc.