Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I live in a small town in Wyoming and I have just received a

Customer Question

Hello I live in a small town in Wyoming and I have just received a citation from a "code enforcement officer" which has no reference to state law. The offence I have violated is caring for 2 baby bum goats at our house in town until they are big enough(3 months+/-) to go to our place out of town. I am wondering if I can fight and win in court with a jury of peers or should I cow tow and consent to their demands?
Submitted: 8 months ago via Cornell Legal Info Institute.
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) What city and county is this?

2) What code/ordinance does this ticket reference, specifically?

3) Is the ticket from the county or the municipality?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.