Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I consigned a car loan not realizing that the person I

Customer Question

I consigned a car loan not realizing that the person I thought I helped has a long history of borrowing or have someone consign knowing they aren't going to pay. Is that considered fraud. I am now under big emotional problems I am a senior citizen and can not stop this person hurting my credit. It was high 800 and now it is low 700. Can I do something to have them return the car
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. How did you learn of this long history of the person getting someone to co-sign and then not paying?

2. Did the person make any payments at all on the car before they defaulted?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Do you still need help? I cannot assist you unless you provide the information that I indicated that I need.

Doug