Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My dog came up missing on march 5 and he had a rabies tag on

Customer Question

my dog came up missing on march 5 and he had a rabies tag on with number and everything. i never received a phone call from anyone so i called the dog catcher monday march 7 and he said that my dog had fallen off of a trailer of some sort and was killed. he also confirmed that he had disposed of my dog that i could come get the collar. i then called the monticello animal clinic and they told me that a lady had called and told them that the dog catcher had my dog and i could go pick him up but didnt mention he was dead at all. i am a disabled veteran with PTSD and my dog was my therapy/companion and dear friend and this dog catcher or whoever is responsible for not giving me the option to bring him home so i could put him to rest where i wanted to has in my opion violated my human rights and my dogs right to be close to me. im wanting some answers because the story just dont add up. i called the dog catcher yesterday to come get my collar and he told me it was at the police station! will somebody plz help me?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am very sorry to hear about this situation. I understand that losing a loved pet can be like losing a loved family member.

What specifically can I answer for you?

You can reply back on this thread, or, use the thread as a springboard to ask for a phone call (you should see that option at your end). The site allows the expert to opt out of the call request, and I must respectfully ***** ***** not worry - other experts receive the request as well, and they may agree to the call. They will also have your question and my replies to build upon, so nothing will be lost.

So feel free to reply back if you want to chat, or to request the call if you'd like - your choice.

Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!