Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

My eye was injured by an Assistant in my Opthamologist's

Customer Question

My eye was injured by an Assistant in my Opthamologist's office. What kind of Attorney do i need to speak with?
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answers. My name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you.

I’m an attorney and an M.D. The information experts on Just Answer provide is for educational purposes and does not create an attorney-client or doctor-patient relationship. If at any time you want to switch to a phone conversation, for example if the nature of your question is personal enough that you don’t want it to be on the internet, I’d be happy to switch to that format instead; it’s a separate JA session – but we can always return to the computer-based session afterwards. Please feel free to let me know. I want you to be as satisfied as possible. If at any time you need me to clarify anything that I’ve said, I’d be happy to do that as well.

Typically medical malpractice attorneys handles matters like this and many of them also work on contingency - meaning they don't get paid unless you recover for your injuries.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Olivia, what is your suggestion as to the right Attorney i should speak with?

You can contact the California State Bar Association and they'll be able to provide you with an attorney who specializes in medical malpractice. Give me just a second to find their number.

Their phone number is:

• (213)(###) ###-####/li>
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would rather talk to you here.

don't worry - I'm not going anywhere :)

I just want you to have information you can use for later

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not wish to speak on the phone, so i will wait for your answer here on the computer. But thank you anyway.

For future reference, this website from the CA bar provides information on how to hire an attorney for what you're looking for: http://www.calbar.ca.gov/Public/Pamphlets/HiringaLawyer.aspx

I'd also encourage you - if you haven't already - to see a doctor so you can document your injuries.

We don't need to speak by phone... talking on here is completely fine and should be more than sufficient to answer your questions. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Olivia, goodbye

Anytime :) Please reach out if I can help you with anything else. I'd also encourage you to document any limitations you may currently be having - such as if you can't drive/can't work/etc. because that goes to damages. Your attorney will also be able to connect you with an expert who can speak to the level of skill the practitioner should have in your specific field. I wish you the best of luck with this. If you haven't already, if you could submit a positive rating I would appreciate it - that's the only way we get credit for our time responding to questions. And if there's anything you need clarification on, please don't hesitate to ask!