Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Leagle.com is displaying a court case document that should

Customer Question

leagle.com is displaying a court case document that should be sealed by court order.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have two separate orders from the circuit court of chesapeake that state any document containing medical or mental health information must be sealed. Legal.com has displayed the entire case document that contains medical and mental health information.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I had a divorce case that was heard by the Virginia Court of Appeals in 2012. My counsel provided two seperate court orders that stated mental health or medical information must be redacted from puplic copies or the entire document must be filed under seal. The circuit court took the information of the web and I thought the Court of Appeals took it off as well. However, the full version showed up on Leagle.com. I contacted them and they stated they pull their information from the public records at the Court of Appeals. I contacted them and they stated they have a new system and it might have gone back out. The information has the potential to cause problems at work and personal life. What can I do to have leagle.com take it off their site ?

Hire a local lawyer to send them a cease and desist letter along with a certified copy of the order. The lawyer can also file a motion with the Court of Appeals to re-seal the files.

By having the lawyer send them a cease and desist if they then refuse you will be able to sue them and likely recover your attorney's fees as well as other potential damages.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
local lawyer in virginia where I live or in arkansas where legal.com is located. Or texas where their IP Address is registered to a ***** ***** ?

You can get a local lawyer to send the letter.

That will save you some money and trouble. If you have to sue them you can likely do it in your local federal court.