Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I have been renting a booth in a salon year. sorry keep

Customer Question

hi, my name is Vicki.
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: hi, my name is***** have been renting a booth in a salon for a year.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: sorry keep hitting wrong key. anyway, been renting a booth in a salon for a year. paying rent weekly, with no contract. two day ago the management of the building in which the salon rent from, service a three day to me , indicating the salon owes over 4,000.00 in back rent. I went to management inquiring about the notice, and told they had not heard the salon owner, and are going to follow through with eviction. after giving the owner the notice, she still wants us to pay weekly rent. What Can I Do.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: also, water company came to turn the water off today
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $31 after the Lawyer responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

If the Salon Owner is not paying her rent and she is on the verge of eviction and the water has been turned off, then you really cannot be there and pay rent. What are you going to be working with if there is no water there. A sanitary issue would arise. You do not want to be a part of that. You need to get out now. No rent is due under these circumstances. The Salon owner has breached your agreement by subjecting you to eviction and possible health code violations by not paying rent and water bills.