LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

My wife died on [email protected]:40pm after the hearse left @3:45

Customer Question

My wife died on [email protected]:40pm after the hearse left @3:45 give r take a few minutes my mind was in a fog, I was in a very bad place mentally . My step- daughter and my sister-inlaw approached me about the life insurance saying I needed to sign it over to her ,not knowing to me that I was the beneficiary on a $100,000 life policy saying it would affect my debility the daughter kept repeating this over and over losing my debility I began to get scared I did not verbally agree to this she kept repeating you need to do this my wife had not been gone 2 hours befor she had made the call so the people at H R had the paper draw up, the lady at H R looked very surprise everything seem to be moving very slow it's taken 5 weeks now to get things back to a little bit of normalcy.I made a bad decision do I have a legal chance of reverse this in court #***-***-**** please someone respond
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

Good evening. I am sorry to hear about your loss and I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Yes, it is very possible that you do, based upon the situation. If they took advatnage of you and you were not of aware of what was going on, as a result of the passing of your wife and you can show they intentionally and knowingly did this, since you were weak and they could benefit from it, you could have a chance to contest and fight this. It is very odd that so quickly after the funeral they did this and if you signed the policy over to her, you could contest it. You would need and want to retain legal counsel, to try and go after them now, to avoid the court and if they do not comply, would have to sue.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.