Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have loaned a friend over 40,000.00 and now he refuses to

Customer Question

i have loaned a friend over 40,000.00 and now he refuses to pay it back. i have bank records of the amounts and the dates each check was written along with the number of each check. he was suppose to pay this money back when his money gor released from a court lock up. his money is now released and he still refuses to pay it back. i am in florida and a week and a half ago he says he mailed me a check for 43,000.00 by registered mail which has never been received and he refuses to provide the tracking information.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.
I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a question regarding this?
Are you asking where you need to sue to force him to pay? If not, what is your question please?