Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

How do you report persons working under someone elses social

Customer Question

how do you report persons working under someone elses social security number?
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Unfortunately there in mot one single entity to report too when a Social Security Number is ***** fraudulently used. There are a number of reports that must be made. Here are all the places that should be notified:

File a complaint with the FTC at identitytheft.gov.
Contact the major credit bureaus to place a ‘fraud alert’ on your credit records:
Equifax, www.Equifax.com, 1-***-***-****
Experian, www.Experian.com, 1-***-***-****
TransUnion, www.TransUnion.com, 1-***-***-****
Contact your financial institutions, and close any financial or credit accounts opened without your permission or tampered with by identity thieves.

Complete IRS Form 14039, Identity Theft Affidavit, if your efiled return rejects because of a duplicate filing under your SSN or you are instructed to do so. Use a fillable form at IRS.gov, print, then attach the form to your return and mail according to instructions.
Continue to pay your taxes and file your tax return, even if you must do so by paper.
Contact the IRS at 1-***-***-****.

Contact local law enforcement. This means make an appointment to speak with a detective. Do not call 911 or report to a patrol officer. They do not know how to deal with this. You must work directly with the fraud crimes detectives.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald