P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

I was served with an Order to Appear in a Small Claims case

Customer Question

I was served with an Order to Appear for Examination in a Small Claims case for Enforcement of Judgment. I am not able to pay the judgment. What would happen if I did not appear?
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. The court has the power to issue a warrant and have you "hauled" into court for "contempt". It is a crime under CA law to willfully disobey the order from a court.

So if you do not show up? I would expect the court to just that (issue a warrant for your arrest)

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.