MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I have a civil judgement against me on a computer I bought

Customer Question

I have a civil judgement against me on a computer I bought threw the mail couldn't finish paying for can they garnish my wifes check as well as mine and what happens if I caint afford to pay the toatle there seeking in judgment me im already behind on several other bills please any help would be greatly helpfull
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I am going to be assisting you with your question today.

Please note: This is general information and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

If the judgment is against you only, then they can only garnish your wages and not your wife's. If your wife is also a party to the judgment, then they can also garnish her wages.

If you cannot afford to pay the judgment they are seeking, they will continue to try to enforce it. The only way you would be able to get around that would be by filing a bankruptcy which will strip the judgment. The only other option would be to make a lump sum payment of the judgment in exchange for a satisfaction of judgment.

I hope I have answered your questions. If I have not, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you may have. Also, please do not forget to rate my response at your earliest convenience.

Thank you.