Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I had my record from 43 years ago expunged in N.C. and was

Customer Question

I had my record from 43 years ago expunged in N.C. and was told all my rights were restored but when I tried to purchase a gun in Colorado where I have lived since 1984 I was denied and when I appealed was told the NC or Federal ATC still had my record. How do I get rid of this for good?
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please clarify something for me?

I am not sure if you remember or not, but when you expunged your NC record, did you physically send a copy of the expungement order to all the relevant state and government agencies like the NC Department of Public Safety, the FBI, etc?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.