LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

My fiance and I picked out a home an all its furnishings

Customer Question

My fiance and I picked out a home an all its furnishings paid in full,since moving into our new home he has become violent an con trolling u even had to call the police once because he literally came through the bathroom door like the shining guy ,he moved his deceased wife s nephew in the living room,an is now telling me i have to get out,I did not pay for the home but I do pay monthly bills an my name is ***** ***** title of the house, Do i have any rights can he make me leave?.I have a 10 yr old dsughter,I have no place to go an he does thus after i pay bills an he knows i have no $,whatb can I do to keep us from being homel ess
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. If you are on title to the home, he can not make you leave. You would have an ownership interest and have a legal right to stay. Only a Judge could order that you vacate and the house is where you reside, so he can not just tell you to move. If you are in fear of him, you can proceed to the court this morning and file for a restraining order / order of protection. If it is granted, he would be ordered to leave the home.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if there is anything else I can answer or clarify