Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am in the process of selling my condo (own free and clear)

Customer Question

I am in the process of selling my condo (own free and clear) and moving to senior apartment life due to vision issues.........
I just received a phone call from my auto insurance that a claim I filed (accident on 12/20/15) may exceed my policy limits of $25,000.
How can I best protect my assets?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon Jeanice,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I have been an injury law attorney for more than 30 years.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. How much money will you receive in the sale, approximately?

2. Will you be renting your senior apartment or buying it?

3. Do you know how serious the injuries of the other party are?

4. Do you have any heirs that you plan to leave money/assets to when you die?

Thanks in advance,

Doug