Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I retired in July of 2006,but 2007&2008&2009 it shows

Customer Question

I retired in July of 2006,but 2007&2008&2009 it shows earnings of $27. I wasn't even working. I've been on disable since 2010 and only draw 2,089. Do those 3yrs affect what I'm getting now? I worked 30yr with SBC-AT&T I made good money. Also my Husband passed in 1998,with 27yr making over 50,000yr and I got nothing!!Can you please help me?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon Robin,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you referring to your social security benefits---either retirement or disability or some other benefit?

2. What is your present age?

3. Was your husband receiving a social security benefit when he passed?

Thanks in advance,

Doug