Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I retired in July of 2006,but 2007&2008&2009 it shows

Customer Question

I retired in July of 2006,but 2007&2008&2009 it shows earnings of $27. I wasn't even working. I've been on disable since 2010 and only draw 2,089. Do those 3yrs affect what I'm getting now? I worked 30yr with SBC-AT&T I made good money. Also my Husband passed in 1998,with 27yr making over 50,000yr and I got nothing!!Can you please help me?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon Robin,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you referring to your social security benefits---either retirement or disability or some other benefit?

2. What is your present age?

3. Was your husband receiving a social security benefit when he passed?

Thanks in advance,

Doug