LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I borrowed a piece of medical equipment to my dad. He has

Customer Question

I borrowed a piece of medical equipment to my dad. He has since passed. this was last June 2015 2 weeks ago I called his wife and ask for it back as I had forgot about it. she moved and sold it. who is responsible for this and does she owe me the cost of this machine. She claims she owes my nothing.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon Lou,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Your father's wife sold property that was not hers to sell and because it belonged to you she owes you the fair market value of the medical device.

Unfortunately, you may have to sue in court to get your money but that option is open to you if you wish to go that route.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you? In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

If I have provided you with the information you were seeking, would you please now rate my service to you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug