Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer and legal specialist.
20011183

Is an employer in the state of fl allowed to record you over

Customer Question

is an employer in the state of fl allowed to record you over any system without concent
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I am a licensed attorney with over a decade of law practice and over 20 years of experience in the legal field. I’m happy to be of assistance.

That really depends on what you mean by "any system." An employer can certainly record telephone conversations that use their phones, computer communications that use their systems and things which take place in public areas within the workplace (like break rooms, hallways, etc.).

For recording on their systems, they don't require your permission and don't have to give notice (though they would for recording conversations with the public for training purposes). For workplace locations, they just have to provide notice that it can take place...they don't need permission. You then have the choice of working under the conditions or quitting.

As for any other type of recording, you'll have to be more specific for me to address that individually.

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service with a top-three rating so that I receive credit for working with you today. Also, feel free to request me in the future, if you have questions concerning a different matter.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required. If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.